Rooted in love and community walking, stumbling, and standing together until we know one another by heart
Is there a special place in your heart for Nicaragua, and the beloved communities of Chacraseca and La Flor? Have you been longing to connect in a meaningful way with our Nicaraguan friends? Are you wondering how you might come alongside to help envision creative ways to secure the future of JustHope? If these questions resonate with you, please consider becoming a JustHope Companion.
JustHope Companions are individuals or groups who desire to join a conversation about how we can rise above this historically challenging time, and emerge more resilient because of it. Together, Companions will listen for the ways our JustHope and Nicaraguan friends are calling us to become more excellent solidarity partners.
No two friendships are identical, so choose your own adventure. We ask that Companions commit to a minimum of two of these options:
- Host an online happy hour. Invite 5-12 friends to join you in learning about JH’s mission and ongoing programs, and to hear stories and updates from JH staff and our Nicaraguan friends.
- Commit to a monthly financial gift to JH of $40 or more, for one year.
- Organize and manage an online raffle of JH pottery.
- Create and nurture a Facebook fundraiser for JH on your personal Facebook page with a goal of raising $1,000 or more.
- Serve on a committee for the Wine 4 Water event in 2021.
- Write personal letters to JH donors and supporters to thank them, inform them, encourage them, excite them.
- Work on the Social Medial team to develop more extensive and informative communication with partners, donors, and friends.
- Work on the Impact Tracking team to develop and monitor impact measuring methods.
- Recruit a new monthly donor of $40 per month or more; or a $1000 level Wine for Water sponsor for the 2021 event.
- Organize and implement a fundraiser event using your own ideas and resources.
JH Companions will be supported by the Companion Core Team, and are invited to attend quarterly communal gatherings via videoconference. We look forward to sharing information about the program, and “breaking bread together” around our virtual community table. The next Companion support meetings will be on:
- August 12, 7p.m. Central - The youth of Chacraseca have written a song that will be shared during this online event. We'll learn about what the Cultural Center (nearly 5 years old!) means to the youth and families of Chacraseca, and about some traditions that the Cultural Center helps keep vibrant.
- January 2021, "El Viejo". Watch on YouTube.
- May 2021, "St. Isidro Labrador".